Spelling Words: Please be sure to study them at home as the test and sentences will be due on Thursday. We will have spelling tests about every other week. Reading of course should be part of your regular home routine, but there is not a BINGO sheet for the week. Spelling and the Valentines should be keeping things busy!
I'd like to thank the class for a nice birthday celebration last Friday. It was fun to step into the celebrant's role of our classroom birthday tradition. With the earth in hand, I walked around the sun over 4x the amount that our 8 year-olds have done. They were a bit surprised that I kept going and going and I admit, I got pretty dizzy. It made my day to get acknowledgements from the class and to share my favorite treat, POPCORN, together!
I am in search of about 3 volunteers who would be available to lead book club discussions. This would take place from about 10:00-10:30 on Wednesday-Friday starting next week and for the next two weeks. Please let me know if you're interested!
Minds at Work. Here's what we've been up to:
- Finalizing our Black History informational writing piece
- Measurement; measuring inches, feet and centimeters
- ST Math
- Character Works with Beaven Walters-breaking down our QAE Pillars
- Expected v. Nonexpected behaviors
- Adding to our Weebly sites. Check out and comment on new blog posts by Sydney, Cole, Nicholas, and Esther.
- Artwork and our Black History writing piece will soon be updated on our Weeblys!
Please remember that students do not have school this Friday and that us lucky teachers will have this place all to ourselves. :)