1. In places where people have to walk for water, what impact does this have on those communities? (education)
2. Why don't some people have safe water? (development)
3. What happens when people don't have safe water? (health)
4. Where do we (Seattle) get our water from? (water cycle/water treatment)
5. Why do we need to conserve water? (conservation)
Your child will be working with his/her group to research, plan, and create a project teaching others about their topic. When we return from Thanksgiving break we will be gathering as much information as we can. A few very self-directed learners have already done some research at home. Students are encouraged to interview adults or experts, gather books, articles, and web print-outs and bring notes and resources to school.
Look for PBL developments on the PBL page on this website.